[iyonix-support] USB oddity

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix support <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:22:22 +0100

(Here is something for people who worry when the list goes quiet because no
one has any problems to discuss)

Yesterday evening I switched on and discovered that the mouse didn't work.
Then I noticed no red light underneath, so I tried the other (front)
socket.  The light came on.  I plugged it back in the original socket just
to check - no light - so back in the working socket.  Except it didn't
work.  There was still a light, but it was flashing on and off (~1Hz).

I tried various other devices, and ran USBInfo to see what was there.  When
I ran USBKick, things jammed up.  The pointer moved, but clicking had no
effect.  Quitting USB kick (Alt-Break) cleared that effect.

After a couple more tries, I started getting other errors, so I closed down
and re-booted the machine.  That seems to have restored normality, but I am
concerned to know what went wrong.  Any ideas?

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk