[iyonix-support] Re: USB card

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:33:38 +0100

By 5.16, all usb driver modules were in ROM.. usb1 and usb2.

John

Stop press! Just announced - Price Promise

Broadband from £2.99/month, no tie in

# The Utility Warehouse Price Promise means you can benefit from: The UK's cheapest Home Phone
# The UK's cheapest Home Phone and Broadband bundle
# The UK's cheapest Mobile tariffs
# The UK's cheapest standard Gas and Electricity

Or they will give you back Double the Difference!

Charges, terms and conditions apply. For full details of
the Utility Warehouse Price Promise see http://www.ucallusave.co.uk
<http://www.ucallusave.co.uk>

Intrigued? Call me

John Ballance C.Eng MIET - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923

On 27/03/2012 16:24, Doug Webb wrote:
In message<d37e087752.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           Martin Wuerthner<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

[snip]

The ROOL !Boot sequence will set up the correct USB drivers as they
are not present in anything earlier than 5.18 as far as I know.
I do not think that is correct. You are probably confusing this with
the mass storage drivers (SoftSCSI). These are softloaded during the
boot sequence. The basic USB drivers for keyboard and mouse are in
ROM.

[snip]

Well yes I was a little confused as USB2 ECHI driver was a purchasable
addon up to a certain ROM version 5.12 I think.