[iyonix-support] USB Header connection

  • From: John Crane <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:43:24 +0100

As a result of dismantling my Iyonix to try and stop a nasty crackly
sound (see my other email) I've forgotten which way round the larger
USB header connector goes on the USB card (the cable which comes from
the Front Panel Sockets).

I reckon it goes with the M.B. Label showing to the back (i.e
non-component side of the USB PCI card. Is this a reliable indication
or should I be more interested in the cable colours and / or position
of the little ^ arrow head. It will physically fit either way round.

It's just not my day today !

--
John Crane, Iyonix RISC OS User