[iyonix-support] Re: UPSs and reflashing the ROM

  • From: "Ste (PlusNet)" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:38:26 +0100

On 28 Oct, David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It takes less than a minute. The chance of a powercut duruing that time is
> tiny. The warning is only about not deliberately switching off during the
> process. Just do it!

Anyone care to publish a (say) ROMModules list from 5.12 so that we can see
what's changed? I'm still using 5.09 because I've heard that pyjamas seemed
to come on from 5.10 onwards. I haven't got any problems with my 5.09 setup
so I'd be interested to see what the point of upgrading would be. Boot time
is of no interest because I never switch this off... (and if I ever did, I
wouldn't care if it took 35 seconds rather than 30 to boot).

Steve

--
Steve @ PlusNet