[iyonix-support] Re: Strange Error Message

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:47:25 +0100

In message <4E0EE698.4030007@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi

> Sounds like some other machine already had the same IP address..

It's just occured to me that maybe this had something to do with a
laptop I had plugged into my router last night. I turned the Iyonix on
after the laptop was on and the error appeared, where as the night
before the Iyonix was already on, when the laptop was plugged in . The
laptop is gone now and all seems OK, so could that have had something
to do with it ? Maybe there was some sort of clash ?

> is your iyo using static IP whilst others use DHCP.. with overlapping
> address ranges?

Not sure, the Iyonix doesn't use DHCP I know that.

> was the message sysctl ?

Yes I am pretty sure that word was in the message. But the sentence
made no sense at all, there weren't even proper characters in one
word.

cheers
Matthew

--