[iyonix-support] Re: Something wrong with Iyonix ethernet

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 23:48:16 +0000

Simon Wilson wrote:
A few years ago I returned my Iyonix to Castle when my Iyonix stopped being able to obtain an address via DHCP. John Ballance advised that the ethernet chip on the motherboard be replaced.

I am no longer seeing the DHCP problem (it gets an address fine), but I am seeing a couple of odd problems:

1. FTPc takes about 60 seconds to connect to my Mac's FTP server on my local network using the IP of my Mac. Once it is connected, transfer speeds are fine. 2. Netsurf hangs for 60 seconds when connecting to any website (I used slashdot.org as a test).

I have not altered my machine's configuration in a long time. It has remained the same for around a year. I have not changed any component of my home network either (I am connected via ethernet to a router, which is then connected to a cable modem).

Your primary DNS server is invalid, so it is timing out before trying the secondary which succeeds.

Either set the primary to your router, or copy the DNS configuration from the machines which don't have this problem.

Cheers
---Dave

--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx