[iyonix-support] Re: Software compatibility update?

  • From: John Crane <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 11:27:37 +0100

     Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I notice that the lists at Iyonix.com and Aemulor.com of compatible software
> do not mention many Games or Educational titles and as many of the
> publishers are no longer active, I would like to update them along with
> A9home compatibility.

> Rather than reinvent the wheel if anyone has tested other titles please let
> me know. I suggest that is done by direct email to me at
> chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx rather than clog up the mailing list.
> When emailing please state tested whether tested on Iyonix or A9home, if
> Aemulor Lite or Aemulor Pro is required and if a particular version of the
> particular title is necessary.

[snipped the Ok ones]

I thought I'd replied to this, but can't find it anywhere and I
deleted the original email on my machine, so I've sort of
reconstructed this from the list - archive

[snip]

> Explore with Flossy the Frog
The info for this is on the compatibility list - I put it on, but it's
listed under 'F' for Flossy the Frog if you get me

[snip]

> Naughty Stories Vol.1: Doris the Dotty Dog

If it's the one on the Naughty Stories Compilation CD then it works
with the latest Aemulor Pro only but (on my machine) at least the
sound runs too fast - sort of like playing a 33 record at 45.

[snip]

> Any Sherston educational titles

Only tested Naughty Stories (see above). Some very early Floppy Disc
based versions do not run.

> TinyDraw/TinyLogo

I'm not sure, think maybe partially, but not reliably (see comments on
list for Tiny Art. APDL can provide a 32 Bit version of Tiny Art at
moderate cost though

[snip]

--
John Crane, Iyonix RISC OS User