[iyonix-support] Re: Shutting down Iyonix

  • From: John Devine <john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:12:57 +0100

In article
<Marcel-1.53-0731090606-0b0pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun 30 Jul, jb wrote:
> >
> > Hi John
> >
> > In message <4e4d72d538john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           John Devine <john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [snip]
> >
> > if you start the machine without using the disc (lots of
> > escaped from about 7 secs after reset or poweron till the
> > beep)

> would I be correct in saying that doing the above doesn't
> necessarily stop all programs being loaded during booting?

> *con. noboot

> Would definitely stop anything being loaded.

> > does it then shut down properly?
> >
> > if so, it is due to something being run on the hdd.. often
> > !HID or Aemulor.. or USB mass storage. If any of these,
> > please make sure you are running the latest versions.
> >
> > John
> >

> Chris Evans

Thank you, gentlemen, for your help.

It turned out that removing the '~~USBHID' directory in 'PreDesk'
solved the problem.

A bit more rummaging revealed that a new version of !HID which
contains at least one updated module cured the problem.

And Chris's 'Config. noboot' also worked.

Again, many thanks.

JD

--
John Devine  Bolton  Lancashire UK