[iyonix-support] Re: Shimmering in the '1' of 512.

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:27:22 +0100

On 24 Jun 2007 Barry E Allen <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've only recently upgraded to 5.13 and also a new Video card and have
> noticed on Boot up that the '1' in 'RISC OS 512' shimmers as though
> there is something going on in that bit of screen memory. It doesn't
> seem to affect the performance of the machine. I never noticed this
> before 5.13 but it may have happened.

If its on an LCD monitor this is due to the startup mode not being
optimally adjusted. Press the auto setup button on the monitor while
it is displayed, if it lasts long enough.

If its not an LCD, boot with shift and * held down to stop at the
command prompt, and use ctrl+L to clear the screen, then type in text
over that location to see if there are any anomalies.

Cheers
---Dave

David J. Ruck   Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301   Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx