[iyonix-support] Re: SCSI form - SD cards?

  • From: cj <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:37:40 +0100

In article <6c344ec14f.Andrew@xxxxxxxx>,
   <aw29009@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to format SD cards to standard compatibility (PC,
> devices etc). I tried !SCSIform which formatted a 2GB card to RISC
> OS compatibility but not AFAICT not for other devices.

I have never found it necessary to format SD or CF cards or memory
sticks. They normally come ready formatted for PC use and my (Canon)
digital cameras format option formats them to FAT, which has always
been readable on the Iyonix (up to 2 GB with SCSIFS) and then ROFS
will read larger cards.

You only need to format them on the Iyonix if you specifically need
RISC OS format for some reason.

Chris...

--
Chris Johnson