[iyonix-support] !ROFS updated

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:55:08 +0000 (GMT)

In article <2f088c054f.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Higton
<davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> I don't think we ever established: does your camera appear to RISC OS
> as a mass storage device with class/subclass/protocol 8/6/80?

I have just come across this message; saved to reply to later. It's now
six months later so must be time for a reply.  Oops.

To recap:
Panasonic (Matsushita) Lumix Digital Camera DMC-FZ8

With the 4GB SDHC card inserted I can read it with !ROFS (hurrah!) and
don't know why this didn't work before.
USBDevices returns:
No. Bus Dev Class Description
  7   3   3  0/ 0 Panasonic DMC-FZ8
but the interface level details (in USBinfo) do confirm it is an 8/6/80
interface.

With no card inserted, I can read the camera's internal memory with the
desktop filer, of course. USBDevices and USBinfo Dev/Class output is the
same.

Though ROFS is very useful for picking off the odd file here and there, I
still use the supplied windows software which handily arranges my photos
into dated directories and downloads only those files not previously
downloaded etc.

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com