[iyonix-support] Re: Printing from a queue

  • From: Graham Pickles <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:15:17 GMT

In message <03721e2050.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> In message <2d60132050.graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Graham Pickles <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I have a lot of HTML files whose display I wish to print on my Iyonix.
> > To load each one in turn, select the print option from Netsurf and
> > await the printout ast 600 dpi is time consuming. I would like to list
> > them in an obey file and then just let the printer (filled with plenty
> > of paper) get on with it whilst I do something useful! What instruction
> > do I need? On my old machine I used to use something like
>
> > *copy :4.$.Fossils.g12 printer:
>
> > However it appears it is more complex on the Iyonix with its USB hub.
>
> Not really. That command does the same on the Iyonix as on previous
> versions of RISC OS. I seriously doubt that it would do what you want
> though because it sends the file verbatim to the printer,

of course. I should have realised that.

> so if g12 is an HTML file

which it is

> and your printer supports text mode the above command prints the HTML
> source code. If your printer does not support text mode (e.g., many
> modern Epsons and Canons), nothing is printed.
>
> If you want to print what the HTML looks like when rendered by a
> browser you need to print from your browser or by dragging the file to
> !Printers, which then in turn asks the browser to print it (provided
> that your browser supports the relevant printing protocol, and, as Ian
> pointed out, NetSurf does not).

ah. I'll start brewing the coffee and print it off file by file. Many
thanks for clarifying the issues. I've not been thinking straight.

> Martin

Regards,

--
Graham Pickles            Running an Iyonix
Whitby Museum             http://www.whitbymuseum.org.uk