[iyonix-support] Re: Power supply? Probably solved?

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:57:29 +0100

In article <Marcel-1.53-0706085856-0b0pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris
Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I do have a vested interest! But I can think of no reason why a dodgy
> line would affect one computer and not another when connected through a
> router. The words 'false dawn' was what sprung to my mind when reading
> the top part of your post. An intermitant fault is my bet!

Not a dodgy physical line some may say - certainly not the actual copper
twists but I can attest to _exactly_ that effect before some sort of
weird throttling effect went away by itself. At first it effected all
connexions thru our router, then then PC, Wii and laptop worked slowly,
then gradually faster. Eventually only Myonix was completely stymied. I
told a colleague it was his fault for sending me an email the size of the
National Gallery containing a photo not worthy of the place.

I fiddled for ages with a new router, mtu settings, module versions but
kept coming back to the certainty that something odd was going on
upstream. After using up an entire weekend, I waited a few days. It got
better all by itself. The ISP had no idea what was going on and following
tests they made, I am pretty sure they were blameless.

I think it was a BT bug. :-)  So I called the Gas Board.......