[iyonix-support] Re: MusicMan and modules

  • From: Kade Hansson <kade.hansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:37:48 +1000

Dr Ian A Dunn wrote:
ay up

having forgotten how to play MP3s [ resolved :-) ] I wondered if it was MusicMan I wanted and on trying to load it , it complains I do not have the textgadget module .
I believe you do have it, and all the other Toolbox modules: in ROM.

RISC OS 5.12 reports:

106 System ROM  Toolbox                 1.52    Active
107 System ROM  Window                  1.71    Active
108 System ROM  ToolAction              0.29    Active
109 System ROM  Menu                    0.36    Active
110 System ROM  Iconbar                 1.20    Active
111 System ROM  ColourDbox              0.19    Active
112 System ROM  ColourMenu              0.21    Active
113 System ROM  DCS                     1.12    Active
114 System ROM  FileInfo                0.18    Active
115 System ROM  FontDbox                0.18    Active
116 System ROM  FontMenu                0.24    Active
117 System ROM  PrintDbox               0.16    Active
118 System ROM  ProgInfo                0.18    Active
119 System ROM  SaveAs                  0.19    Active
120 System ROM  Scale                   0.15    Active
121 System ROM  TextGadgets             0.29    Active

If you install a softloadable Toolbox, like RISC OS Limited's, then you will see Dormant instead of Active in the *ROMModules output. It is not a good idea to mix the two sets, so if you have some Active and some Dormant, that is likely to represent a problem.

My guess is that MusicMan is demanding a version of TextGadgets > 0.29. It probably doesn't actually need such a version. Personally, I'd "fix" the !Run file. But I'm a walking, talking support headache. :-)

Archer

End.

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support