[iyonix-support] Memphis oddity.

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:41:44 +0100

I'm not sure whether this is the right list (it happens on RISC OS
5.11); if not, will someone tell me, but politely, please? :-) I just
wonder whether it has some relevance to a previous thread when people
were getting lines across the screen, which seemed to be due to
applications' memory leaking out of their allotted spaces.

It's probably all my fault, for being nosey, but as I'm like the
Elephant's Child I like to peer into things to see how they might
work. I'm a great addict of playing Klondike, courtesy of
SuperPatience, and I save the current game in Memphis. On my peeping
into some of these saved files, they contain fragments of e-mails (I
use Hermes/NetFetch and Messenger Pro); no e-mails are stored in
Memphis, and no corruption of e-mails is apparent (I think they're all
deleted e-mails, but it's difficult to tell, as they are all
fragmented, and, perhaps relevantly, appear to be only parts of
headers).

This doesn't seem to affect how the game plays, but I'm sure these
bits shouldn't be there. Should I be worried? And does anyone out
there have any idea how this happens?

TIA,

With best wishes,

Peter.

 --
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.