[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix sound sample rates

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:15:13 +0100

On 27 Aug, Barry E Allen wrote in message
  <4f18a60e14barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> In article <cd66a2184f.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm getting playback from SampleEd 0.55 which also plays back the file
> > /way/ too fast and finishes in roughly a fifth of the time it ought to
> > take.
>
> I'm not sure whether this will solve your problem but I had sound
> samples which played back far too fast in SampleED 0.55.
>
> I used Bazsound, http://starfighter.acornarcade.com/mysite/utilities.htm
> to reduce the speed of playback. I set the Sample rate to 8000 in
> Configure-->DMA Handler and after this the sample played back at the
> correct speed. I don't know what I'm doing but it does work.

Surely this has been a known issue for ages?  The default sample rate is
set wrongly.

  <Pine.LNX.4.44.0412241528430.21328-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Paul Vigay's MiscSetup will correctly set the sample rate when the machine
starts up, if you need it to.

> A side effect is that all the sound system on the Iyonix is slowed down.
> I get looonnnggg bbbeeeppsss until I reset the rate back again.

Yes, that's a known issue.  See the post above (from this list, in 2004)
for more info.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/