[iyonix-support] Iyonix Linux network printing

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:43:40 GMT

I'm having a problem getting Iyonix Linux to print to a network-attached
HP2015 LaserJet printer.

Using KDE window manager. KWord (and family apps) successfully spot the
2015 over the LAN from the print dialogue, via LPRD. But any attempt to
print leads to an error (well, a "Catastrophe" according to the error
box) saying there is a problem with the imagetops command.

imagetops exists (in usr/bin) and is a shell script. I've examined the
logs to try to get more details, but haven't found any mention of it.

Any clues? Has anyone managed to network print from Iyonix Linux? Or
even install CUPS? I just get dependencies which can't be obtained.

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!