[iyonix-support] Internet Connection Speed

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:47:10 +0100

Hi.

Is there a programme or some commands I can enter to see how fast the
internet connection I have is running at. My Iyonix is fine, but it's
on a small network with a PC (not mine) , and that seems to be having
trouble with a slow internet connection.

So I was wondering if there is something I can do on my Iyonix to test
the connection speed, which would show whether the connection itself
isn't that fast (although it seems fine to me on the Iyonix) or
whether the PC is doing what PC's do best and cause headaches for
people !

I am using Orpheus Internet with the 8mb home broadband option. I did
try a Google search for such programmes/information but no luck.

I hope that all makes sense.

Many thanks

Matthew

--