[iyonix-support] Re: Hibernation

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:05:19 +0000

On 2 Dec, John Williams (address) wrote in message
    <50c33cfe09JohnRW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> In article <78c90ec350.Andrew@xxxxxxxx>,
>    <aw29009@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Is there a utility to put the Iyonix in the equivalent of a PC
> > "hibernation" mode i.e. the state of the comptuer is saved to disk?
>
> You could use Task > Desktop settings > Save settings - but this has
> generally caused more problems than it solved, particularly in the days of
> floppies!
>
> That will load stuff and restore window positions.

And potentially break a lot of other stuff.  Don't do this.

Everything in Save Desktop is handled better via Configure, with the
exception of saving Filer window positions.  For that, I wrote GetFiler
(which is in the utilities section of my website).

Using Save Desktop just scatters duplicate config settings around !Boot,
which will only confuse things in the future when you try and resolve
conflicts.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/