[iyonix-support] Re: Help with Linux Installation on an Iyonix

  • From: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:39:50 +1300

On 16 Oct, Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Brian everything apart from the so called "base" files, that need to
> be IYONIX specific is to be found on the normal Debian mirrors all
> over the world, but it is NOT on Castle's server.

> Apart from that, the "woody" release is only available on the
> Debian archive servers, e.g. archive.debian.org.

Thanks Rainer, John,

I succesfully installed linux, as the box informed me, so it was a
great relief.

However my keyboard is no longer active. I cannot operate the OK
button to continue with the 'walk through the process of setting up
the newly installed system... <OK>'.
the arrow key nor the enter key have no effect, and after many
dumbfounded minutes I reset the Iyonix.

!dRun brought me back to the Congratulations screen, with no keybd
effect.

I pulled out the kbd USB connector and replugged itno the same
socket, then other USB sockets:
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=9 (error=-110)
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=13 (error=-110)
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=20 (error=-110)
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=23 (error=-110)

Can't do anything without a keyboard!