[iyonix-support] Frequency response of Iyonix

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:51:15 +0100

Following a discussion on the ZFC mailing list, I thought I'd do some
research into these 'Mosquito' yoof dispersion systems, and found some
ringtones of various frequencies.

However, some don't appear to play on the Iyonix, which led me to wonder
what frequencies the Iyonix sound system can actually play, and which ones
I can't hear - ie. which is capable of discerning the higher frequency, the
Iyonix sound system or the human ear.

A selection of MP3 format samples can be found at
http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/ but I was wondering if anyone know
the actual technical spec of the Iyonix sound system?

I can hear them all up to the 21.2KHz tone, but the 22.4KHz tone is
completely silent, so I wonder if it's my hearing or the Iyonix can't go
that high.

Paul