[iyonix-support] Re: Firefox and non English keyboards

  • From: alan buckley <alan_baa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:48:55 +0100

> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:30:49 +0200 Xavier wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I thought instead of correcting ChoX etc ... wouldn't it be easier to
> implement a module, that would remap
> keypresses to Firefox ?
> I unfortunately don't know much about RISC OS, but I hope it can be
> possible to see this module remapping
> keypresses only when keyboard entries are for the Firefox application.
>
> Your comments welcomed.

I would prefer to see a module that could deliver key pressed and
key released events to a wimp application which included all the
modifier information. The wimp already maps the keyboard key to
the correct character, so I believe the problem is with being able
to detect the key release (and possibly to a lesser extent the
modifiers).

Regards,
Alan

100’s of Nikon cameras to be won with Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719808/direct/01/---