[iyonix-support] Re: FX5200 & FX5500 cards

  • From: Chris <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 01:27:33 +0100

In message <b56bb45d4e.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message of 28 Aug, Neil Spellings <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> JAB wrote:
>>
>> > I echo Herbert's question as to whether any FX5200/FX5500 PCI card
>> > is suitable or will a shortlist become available so we can avoid
>> > buying a dud ?
>>
>> We are testing a number of suitable cards and I suspect other dealers
>> will do the same to be able to guarantee compatibility.
>
> I see this an an opportunity for performance gains (without specifying
> what sort of performance) and would look forward to anything you can
> sell that improves the Iyonix experience.  (Currently the double screen
> display really gets the natives jumping up and down, not to mention my
> pleasure at the enormous canvas.)
>
> I await your proposals with interest.

I have to say that I'm getting to the point where I dont know how I
multi tasked without the double screen.
So much so that I want to ask all s/w writers to make their pop-ups
'positionable' when they update/create their wares. Defaulting them to
the centre of the screen where the two 'cases' meet causes a nuisance
which over-rides the paranoid need for symmetry.

--
Chris. Using British Iyonix & RISCOS 5
You need some luck, even for bad luck.