[iyonix-support] FW: Help. Hard disk error

  • From: "C J Craig" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 11:38:36 +0100

Subject: Help. Hard disk error

Help

After installing a DVD writer my Iyonix became unstable. The early circuit
board had not been modified.

To stabilize things, I plugged the old CD writer back in & made backup files
with !fbackup

The back up files look intact. DVDburn now reports "this operation not
supported"

And I have a HD error on start up, stopping my internet access.

Can I copy my"back up files" to some thing ?USB drive or another HD I could
get locally?

What sort of disc should I ask for? Will it need formatting?

If I have secured the back up I can return the Iyonix to Castle.

Chris

C J Craig

Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx