[iyonix-support] Re: EtherK module for use with second Network cards

  • From: Richard Darby <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 11:50:50 +0100

In article <462E8A39.5020809@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi

> For those of you that need it, a softload version of the EtherK network
> driver that specifically ignores the motherboard network interface

I'm not sure that it is actually doing this.  I am running the softload
module, downloaded when this announcement was made (v0.20).  On the rare
occasions when my motherboard interface resets and initializes it grabs
the primary interface which as it is not plugged into anything means
that the network is dead.  This module is supposed to ignore the
motherboard and force the use of the PCI interface.

On startup today I had no network so I ran Steve Potts !Confinfo and found
two ethernet interfaces present.  I plugged the motherboard interface into
the network and it connected ok.

I'll send the details to you off list.

> is now available from http://www.iyonix.com/updates .. and follow the
> network driver link

> Hope this helps

> John

Richard.

--
| \|(_ | |(_|| (_|  |_/(_||  |_)\/    /  Hosted by: OrpheusInternet
                                /    /  for RISC OS and all OS's
e-mail:  richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      /
Website: http://www.rjdarby.co.uk  / http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/