[iyonix-support] Emprex 2.2GB USB 2.0 portable micro hardrive

  • From: Joe Taylor <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:51:08 +0100

I don't know if anyone else has reported on this product, but I've just
tried plugging an Emprex 2.2GB USB 2.0 portable microdrive into Iyonix
(c. =A350 @ PCWorld) which recognised the device straight away, adding a
drive icon to the left of the iconbar showing 2035 M Bytes free.

The Emprex microdrive is rectangular and very small - about the size of
two pen drives side by side. I like its size much better than pendrives
(which I'm forever losing). A very nice feature for Iyonix users is
that the EmpreX connects very easily into either of the Iyonix front
USB ports without the need for an extension cable and without
preventing access to the other port. (The microdrive's USB socket
snugly fits into the drive when not in use and is swung out for
inserting in the computer. When inserted into the USB socket, the drive
can be rotated around the connector and is able to be oriented at any
angle e.g. vertically or horizontally).

Cheers

Joe

--=20