[iyonix-support] Re: Dave Higton's Vellerman USB prog - archive corrupt?

  • From: Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:42:08 GMT

In message <2ea9ec8d4e.John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Chetwynd <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <20061130134715.4CC6F64A6B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           "neil f" <faz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Has anyone managed to download Dave Higton's Iyonix USB app for
> > the Vellerman I/O board and got it to run or list OK? I've
> > downloaded the archive a number of times and unarchived with
> > both PC, RPC and Iyonix tools but the RunImage file always shows
> > corruption starting about 2/3rds of the way through. Infozip
> > gives a bad CRC error but does its best to unarchive anyway (see
> > below).
> >
> > I've tried contacting Dave but had no reply so far, so I thought
> > I'd ask here in case it's just me doing something wrong. And if
> > anyone does have an uncorrupted copy of the RunImage, could they
> > send it to me so I can progress to playing with my new Vellerman
> > toy? ;-)
> >
> [SNIP]
>
> Dave is away on holiday at the moment, and then he will be overseas on
> business next week, so expect a slight delay in response.
>
> His lovely wife Antoinette has obviously put her foot down about
> having e-mail access whilst on holiday :-)

At the time that I would normally be dealing with e-mails and news
groups, I was in a charming little hotel in East Sussex, having a
delicious meal and bottle of wine with my lovely wife (whose name
is Nanou).  The pleasures of that removed any desire to go off and
sit at a computer screen :-)

The problem should now be fixed.  Please let me know if it isn't.

Dave