[Isoc India Chennai] Re: {ISOC India Chennai Chapter} Re: Re: comments invited on a proposal for an IPv6 pilot network

  • From: Sivasubramanian Muthusamy <isocindiachennai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Shivlu Jain <shivlu.jain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 12:41:58 +0530

Here is a reply from Naveen in repsonse to comments from Shivalu Jain

n@v::n/128 <Coimbatore> ✆ naveen.ccie@xxxxxxxxx
10:17 AM (2 hours ago)
to me
Hi,

Interesting point raised Regarding Lawful Intercept, as of now no
standard Industry LI Architecture for IPv6. No Drafts/RFCs in IETF to
support IPv6 LI. Vendors & Service Providers can/will,should design
based on the Local Govt Standard Procedure to Intercept data /voice
packets......Its upto the Govts. to decide where & how they plan LI.
From a Public Domain we can't comment much on this topic.

Currently AFAIK, the LI for IPv6, C-DOT is working on it

Considering our experience (in India) on IPv6 is very less & the
Technology itself very less matured, it will be a huge challenge to
design & implement Lawful Intercept especially in Dual Stacked
Environment.

Data encapsulated in IPSec, will / might miss Routers, Switches or
Firewalls  possible may get undetected. IPv6 enabled malware can have
some malicious payload encapsulated in one or more ipv4 headers. How
do we check them, Deep Packet Inspection tools required.

Testing, Testing Security World IPv6 Day 2012 is highly recommended .....