[Isoc India Chennai] IGF Update

  • From: Sivasubramanian M <isolatedn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isocmadras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, isocchennaiannounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, isocchennaiofficers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 00:08:04 +0530

Hello

IGF is scheduled to take place during Sep 27 - 30 at Nairobi, Kenya. Remote
participation is enabled for all IGF workshops and other events.

For a rough idea the list of workshops is posted at page
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/w2011/list-of-workshops-2011  ( Among other
programs, please do take part in  Workshops No 201 and 215 as also in the
meeting of the Dynamic Coalition on Core Internet Values )

The schedule can be downloaded as an excel sheet from the following link
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/2011/Agenda/IGF_2011_Schedule_FINAL-Sep02.xls

Remote participation Links to each meeting room will be posted at
www.intgovforum.org before the IGF. Please look for updates. ( Dhayalan
Manickam and Naveen K Lakshman, who have participated in the IPv6 workshop
recently, have taken the initiative to try for a room in one of the colleges
for remote participation. If they are successful, we will have a central hub
for participation. )

During the IGF, you can also use social network platforms to take part in
the Internet Governance Dialogue:

   - Share your views in Twitter: #IGF11
   - Share your video in Youtube <http://www.youtube.com/igf>
   - Share your pictures in Flickr<http://www.flickr.com/groups/1062424@N22>
   - Leave messages in Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/IntGovForum>

I will be travelling to the IGF, on my own, without any funding. Some of our
members have applied for the ISOC IGF Ambassador program. Those who are
successful with their application for this or any other funding and
travelling to the IGF, please reply to this mail on the list with a copy to
isocindiachennai at gmail.com

Thank you
Sivasubramanian M