[isapros] Re: Telnet through a Cisco VPN tunnel

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:35:21 -0400

If it sees a destination to a particular IP address it is supposed to
send it through the VPN tunnel.

Which led me to think. Why isn't is doing that? Yesterday more
information was sent to me about ports 500 and other stuff related to
VPN but the VPN wasn't my problem. It's the routers problem. Then it hit
me. Can the ISA server route to the IP of the Cisco? What if the Cisco
isn't what's connected to external NIC of the ISA server? Guess what
it's not. Prodding the client got me the information that the  Cisco is
on the LAN side of ISA.

Enter a persistent route into the workstation routing table. Done.

As usual. Not an ISA problem. Sometimes it's hard to work remotely.