[isapros] Re: ISA Penetration Test - SSL Weak Cipher False Positive

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:28:15 +0100

Hi Tom,

The MSKB you need is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245030/en-us. By
disabling the weak ciphers the ISA server will *not* offer those ciphers
during the SSL negotiation. In my opinion that's the correct way to solve
that problem.

When you just enable 128-bit encryption in the ISA GUI, this will *not*
enforce string ciphers during the SSL negotiation. In other words, the SSL
negotiation will complete with e.g. a 56-bit cipher though ISA will not let
traffic through. Watch my blog for a part2 of "Require 128-bit Encryption
for HTTPS Traffic with ISA Server 2006".

BTW -- I have 2 open cases with MS PSS about this item. One for the GUI
problem already documented in my blog and one I can't blog about it yet (NDA
reasons).

Kindly,
Stefaan