[isapros] Re: GetISA methodology

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 11:16:50 -0300

Cool Jim

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jim Harrison
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 11:33 PM
To: isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [isapros] GetISA methodology

I've heard several requests for a reliable technique for determining
ISA:
- version
- edition
- installation (admin or server)

.and so I've assembled these into two example scripts which you'll find
on http://isatools.org/getisa.zip.

The zipfile contains two scripts:
GetISA.js
GetISA.vbs

..both of which perform exactly the same tasking and return exactly the
same data.

There is minimal error handling (exercise left to the student), but they
do what they're designed to do - give you enough data so that your own
scripts can behave appropriately in each circumstance.

Comments, compliments, small, unmarked bills, rude noises are equally
appreciated.

   Jim Harrison
   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/