[isapros] Re: FW: TMG Unsupported

  • From: Jerry Young <jerrygyoungii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:41:31 -0500

Jason,

You can install TMG on a DA server but the assumption is that the DA server
is straddling your edge.  For specifics, see the following link.

http://blogs.technet.com/isablog/archive/2009/09/23/forefront-tmg-and-windows-7-directaccess.aspx

I don't think, however, that you'll be able to put TMG in front of UAG.
Keep in mind that UAG installs a gimped, full version of TMG, and UAG is
used for providing a highly available DA edge (as I understand it so far)
and centralized management.
The following links have information regarding UAG/DA.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772157.aspx#BKMK_DA
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee522953.aspx

The following is a thread I started on the IAG/UAG forum regarding this.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/forefrontedgeiag/thread/b8d0e1fe-9ab6-4b88-a2cc-4ad016c45196

While Ben Ari responded to my post, he never addressed a core,
unspoken question I presented (among others): Why separate the functionality
of managing remote and protected access into two separate products?  I mean,
we already have the complete TMG product installed on UAG, right...? (o.O)

I had been hoping the posting would have generated more discussion but it
doesn't look as if that's going to happen, which is a shame.

Jerry
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Jason Jones <Jason.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Cordially yours,