[isapros] Anyone running sharepoint portal

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:39:54 -0300

I have been testing out sharepoint portal over the last few days.

Noticed something weird last night, I host another site on the same box...and
the links that are on that site seem to be being harvested by sp somehow. Every
30 secs sp is sending an http request containing Mozilla/4 (MSIE 6; Windows NT;
MS Search 4 Robot).

I realize it's not doing any harm, as it's not getting past ISA, but was
wondering why it's doing it.

This happens even if the sp site is stopped.

I've uninstalled it, and all the traffic has stopped.....very sneaky....