[isapros] Re: A Strange Possibly ISA issue

  • From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 06:52:46 -0700

There might well have been, but as Amy said, all ISA history was lost in the
"support ignorance" flood.

<challenge>
I think that to answer this problem, I challenge all members of the isapros
list to keep a copy of isabpa in their favorite diskonkey, use it when the
opportunity presents and include it when posting to isapros.  If there are NDA
or security issues preveing your posting this data to the list, you can post it
to appropriate individuals instead, but the point is; gather one when you have
the chance to touch an ailing ISA server.  IMNSHO, familiarity with ISABPA
tools is a requirement of anyone calling themselves an ISA Pro... :-)
</challenge>

This way, when you are forced to call CSS, you can determine some measure of
the engineer's ISA-awareness when you say "I have an ISABPA Repro package for
you".  Their initial response will tell you all you need to know about their
ISA skill set.  Every "real" ISA engineer's training begins and continues with
the proper and advanced use of ISABPA.  Anyone who tells you that it's not
relevant to a SBS-based ISA case is in need of "educational opportunities".

Maybe we can start some threads on the various options and how they map to
certain scenarios..?

Jim