re: wartfp problem

  • From: "Craft, Steve" <SCraft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:01:16 -0400

One last thing before you put a perimeter machine on the network.  You could
also build a Win2KPro machine (or even a Linux or FreeBSD machine) that is
locked down and runs an FTP server.  Then have a CMD script or anything
equally automated to SFTP the data from that host  to the SFTP server behind
your ISA server.  Then you stay as secure as possible and all you have to do
on the ISA machine is server publish a single host/port.  You could give
these "sender computers" away or just charge what they are worth.  I guess
the whole expense would be time.

Also, SFTP has been around for a long time (10+ years?), so I would not
discount the availability of SFTP clients for MVS.  I am sure one exists for
Open/VMS.

Just some thoughts, at the expense of your time.  :)

--orig