user permissions

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <strangconst@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:27:49 -0400

Hi all,

I just installed the admin on tools (snap-in) on my laptop, had some time with
it to get it in...
Problem is now, when I try to connect it to the ISA server thru the lan it
tells me I don't have the proper permissions.

The ISA is standalone, and it's a small home network.No AD, no bells and
whistles. DHCP and DNS on ISA for internal use only.
I did create an account on the ISA box that is the same as I use to log into my
laptop (win 2k pro), and I made sure that that account is an administrator, and
it had the permissions to access ISA Management.

No good. It still disallows connection. If I log into my laptop with the admin
account (same password as ISA server box) I can connect to ISA server.

Any ideas, or should I just live with it ?

Thanks in advance,

Mark