RE: unable to ping

  • From: "Marco Sin" <msin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <phillen@xxxxxxxxx>, <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:27:06 +0800

icmp reply for in
icmp request for out
icmp time out for in
then you can ping and tracert other host ,and the other host can't ping your ip

>>> phillen@xxxxxxxxx 01/17/02 12:47am >>>
http://www.ISAserver.org

I do believe this is a default behavior of ISA - which is not entirey bad...

I woud rather have someone ping it and get no reply, vs letting them know
its there.

I am sure if you want it to reply - you would have to configure a packet
filter to do so, but not sure why would want to.

Just my 2 cents