that old 12202 forbidden chessnut

  • From: "Doige, Clayton" <clayton.doige@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:54:09 -0000

Some of you will recall a couple months back me having no success with
this error at all.

Now that things have been quiet around here this week, I have had a
chance to revisit things.

I uninstalled the original certificate authority I had created here, and
reinstalled one for cme-net.com. I again have gone through Liran Zamir's
Step By Step Publishing Article for publishing W2K3 OWA over ISA 2K4
using Forms Based Authentication.

The name on the certificate is registered in DNS, and I can ping that
name and have it resolve to the correct IP Address from an external
computer. I have added this name to the ISA Server's host file with the
internal 10 range address.

When I go to the website, I am prompted to verify I want to proceed with
the untrusted certificate, which I do, and the OWA Form opens on the
page, I  then put in my username and password (username being
domain\user format) and the 403 Forbidden pops up.

Interestingly enough, when I had this error before nothing showed up in
the Logs of the ISA Server, however now, it comes up with a denied
packet associated with port 443, https, with the username I am putting
in being referenced.

Is there some other rule that I need to create here?

Lastly, when I browse to the OWA site from the ISA Server itself, before
the certificate prompt comes up, a security warning is displayed stating
that certificate revocation information for the previous certificate is
unavailable do I wish to continue. I am guessing this is due to the old
cert with that internal reference being still hanging around in IE
somewhere, but will that be contributing to the 12202 issue from the
public side?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, tomorrow being the last day for me
here this year, I would like to finish off on a positive.

Clayton Doige

IT Project Manager

CME Development Corporation

T: 020 7430 5355

M: 07932 653787

E:clayton.doige@xxxxxxxxxxx

W:www.cetv-net.com

This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the person to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution
of this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If you are
not an addressee, please notify the sender immediately by electronic mail and
delete the original message without making any copies.