setting up a wireless access point behind SBS2000 running isa server as the firewall

  • From: "adam bow" <cameron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:28:49 -0700

I have a SBS2000 machine running isa server as the firewall for my home
network.

I recently purchased a d-link WAP and was wondering if I needed a third
network card in my server to allow my laptop to connect to the network
using wireless.

Based on what I have read, setting up a vpn tunnel would ensure the most
secure connection for a wireless session.

However, if I am running isa server on the same box as my gateway and have
setting allowing only domain users access to the server, casual roaming
wireless users would not be able to get anywhere even if they did gain
access to the WAP.

Am I wrong in this assumption?

Thanks for any help you can give me