sending emails

  • From: "Barry" <captnbaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 23:29:19 -0600

I have a W2K LAN with an Exchange Server 2000 and and ISA Server 2000.
Everything was working OK.
I then decided to upgrade all of my workstations (& exchange server) to
Firewall Clients.
Downloaded the white paper from isaserver.org.
Did as instructed.
Everything SEEMED to be OK and working perfectly.
Shortly afterwards, I was not able to send emails. I could receive, but
not send. (Though I could reply).
I could surf the Internet OK. No problems!
Shortly after that, I found out that I could only send emails to addresses
that weren't re-routed to another email address. (This appeared to be why
'Reply' worked as it always sends the email to the final destination
directly).
I disabled all of the firewall client connections and reverted back to web
access clients. (My original configuration - which worked).
That didn't help!
I checked everything I could think of. Nothing had changed from my
original "working" configuration.
I GIVE UP!
Can anyone offer any clues as to what is going on?