Re: realplayer cann't connect to internet through I SA

  • From: "Edward Sullivan" <esullivan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:50:42 -0600

I tried to send this as an attachment, but the list would not take it. Try this
and see if it helps.

Ed Sullivan
IT Director
esullivan@xxxxxxx <mailto:esullivan@xxxxxxx>
KMA Direct Communications
Confidential and Proprietary

Configuring RealPlayer to work from behind a firewall

Receiving Clips Through TCP Only

RealPlayer automatically selects the most efficient transport for your network
without any intervention. You should only change this setting if you are
experiencing problems receiving RealAudio and RealVideo clips or you have been
notified by your network administrator that you should change this setting.

Requirements: RealPlayer G2, 7.0, 8.0 installed. It may be necessary to first
install the ISA Firewall Client prior to RealPlayer configuration. Please refer
to "Installing the Microsoft ISA Firewall Client."

To configure RealPlayer to use TCP to stream content:
1.      In RealPlayer, click View from the main menu bar at the top of the
RealPlayer window, and select Preferences.
2.      Click on the Proxy tab.
3.      Click on the radio button to select Use my web browser's HTTP proxy.
(Your web browser should already be configured to use proxy server 10.100.1.2
and port 8080. If you have installed the ISA Firewall Client, the server name
may say "Borderguard".)
You should see a screen similar to the one below.

4.      Click on the Transport tab.

5.      Click on the Auto-Configure button.
6.      Click on the OK button to begin auto-configuration.

7.      RealPlayer will now auto-configure.

8.      You will now see an informational screen exactly like the one below.
RealPlayer is now configured to use TCP protocol for playback.

9.      Click on the OK button to close the Auto-Configure window.
10.     Click on the OK button to close the Preferences tab.
11.     Click on the link below to test your new RealPlayer configuration.
(This is the test link used by Yahoo! Broadcast to test RealPlayer
functionality.)

http://playlist.broadcast.com/makestream.asp?id=374891