RE: quick question

  • From: "Adam Hearne" <adam.hearne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:10:33 -0000

Thanks for the reply Tom,

I have come across something interesting, I have two machines, one can
successfully ping anywhere, and the other can't.  Firewall clients and
SecureNAT clients is set up on both machines.

I tried to ping the same place from each computer, one can, and one
can't.  They are both in the same subnet net (it is a 'simple' network
setup).  The only main difference I can think of is that one machine is
windows 2000 server, the other is XP professional, but that should not
make a difference because their network settings are similar and they
both should have to adhere to the same rules when it comes to ICMP,
shouldn't they???  (back me up on that one, or not)

I have no client address sets specified.  I have only one protocol rule
which allows all ip traffic.  Protocol definitions are just all the
default ISA ones.

What the hell is going on?!?!?!

Any help on this would be great!!!!

Thanks very much guys, this discussion list is the best I have come
across,

Adam