RE: problems with terminal services

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 07:21:45 +1100

When you set up a firewall generally you need setup some "access rules".
These access rules determine what traffic is allowed in and out of your
network or networks. Speaking of which if you look at the logs generally
you can interpret what is allowed and not allowed (allowed packet
logging on) and this will tell you what you've missed in setup. You need
to add an access rule to use rdp traffic to the internet.

Since you didn't specify which version of ISA you are using I can inform
you that the 2004 help does have a nice little section on "access rules"
:0   and i'm sure the 2000 help does too.

P.s in future please include the version of ISA server that you are
using. There are some differences in the two products and it will only
help people respond with an appropriate answer quicker.

Greg