RE: problem in MSN with firewall client in win98/XP

  • From: "Nabeel Aslam" <naslam77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:14:52 +0500

Dear BELLACHIA

I am sending you the configuration. and to install FW client on client machine. click run and type \\ipofISAserver\mspclnt and press enter.

Configure the Protocol Rule

  1. Right-click Protocol Rule, and then click New Rule.
  2. Type Instant Messenger Rule for the name of the rule, and then click Next.
  3. Click Allow, and then click Next.
  4. In the drop-down menu, click Selected Protocols, click MSN Messenger in the dialog box that opens, and then click Next.
  5. Click Next.
  6. Click Any Request on the Client type dialog box, and then click Finish.

Configure the Packet Filter

The type of packet filters to configure depends on the type of access you want to allow with Instant Messenger. First configure the packet filter to allow for simple Instant Messenger communication:

  1. Right-click Packet Filters, and then click New Filter.
  2. Type Instant Messenger Outbound, and then click Next.
  3. Click All ISA Server Computers in the array, and then click Next.
  4. Click Allow packet transmission, and then click Next.
  5. Click Custom on the Filter type dialog box, and then click Next.
  6. In the IP Protocol drop-down list, click TCP.
  7. Under Direction click Both.
  8. Under Local Port click Dynamic, change Remote Port to Fixed Port, and then for the Port Number type 1863.
  9. Click Default IP addresses for each external interface on the ISA Servers computer, and then click Next.
  10. Click All remote computers, click Next, and then click Finish.
Regards,
Nabeel Aslam
Network Engineer
WorldTel Meca (Pvt.) Ltd.
>From: BELLACHIA Mourad
>To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]"
>Subject: [isalist] RE: problem in MSN with firewall client in win98/XP
>Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 07:56:27 +0200 (CEST)
>
>http://www.ISAserver.org
>

>deer Nabeel
>how can i configure MSN Messenger with FW in windows
>2000
>best regards
> --- Nabeel Aslam a écrit :
>
>http://www.ISAserver.org