pinging wrong ip address

  • From: "Luqman Achmat" <luqman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:05:15 +0200

Hi everyone

A service provider recently changed their ip address of a telnet server
outside of our network and since then I cannot connect/telnet to this
server.

Problem - With my MS firewall client enabled: When I do an nslookup of
the dns name, I get the correct resolution to ip address. But when I do
a ping of the dns name, it still tries to ping the OLD ip address.

Any ideas why the ping would still try and ping the old ip address with
my FWClient enabled?

Luq

p.s. With my MS firewall client disabled: When I do an nslookup of the
dns name, I get the correct resolution to ip address. When I do a ping
of the dns name, it pings the correct ip address.