Re: no VPN access from Internet, no pings, nada!

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:14:34 -0700

First, thanks for the great feedback; it makes for really fat reviews  ..;-)
As to your problems, try paring it down to one thing at a time.
Q1 - Where are you performing the testing from?  You can't test external
connections from behind ISA (common mistake).
Q2 - Exactly what rules / filters have you defined?
Q3 - what does the IP...log contain for the each attempt?
Q4 - What do the event logs have from ISA?

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://isaserver.org/pages/author_index.asp?aut=3
 http://isatools.org