msn messenger is not blocked not using http

  • From: "Ara Avvali" <ara@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:39:29 -0400

Hi

Something crazy has happened here. I have setup that users from inside only
are only allowed to use http and ftp. At client machines, when you install
msn messenger, you can get out. Even without using as proxy configuration.
How come such a things is possible without changes to msn itself and not
even try to cheat on proxy? I thought that if I don't publish the rule, it
will be automatically concerned as a black application. I have followed the
article on web site about msn signature, but that is about when a user tries
to cheat and use http

Help is appreciated