managing WSUS

  • From: "Darryl Janetzki" <darryl_janetzki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:36:25 +1000

I have a huge number of problems with WSUS bandwidth. The front end WSUS consumes huge internet bandwidth and the back end WSUS kills my WAN.

Does any one have a BITS "wacker"  If i could tame it for the after hours processing it would be a better plan. Currently I have set up a rule to restrict the WSUS internet downloads to after hours...That appears to be working... I now need a plan for the down stream WSUS on the INTRANET or better still tune up BITS. Stopping BITS and manual downloads is not a good plan

I understand that BITS uses the IE settings. ISA 2k and 2004 must have a solution for managing down load times and bandwidth for the internet and Intranet.

Once BITS and WSUS is started huge bandwidth loss is observed with very little down load of patches

Thanks for any assistance

Darryl Janetzki