RE: is a question steve

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <M.Hippenstiel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 00:18:59 +0100

If you had read the error message in event viewer thoroughly, you had
noticed that the string has been wrapped. The correct entry is:

=

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTim
eout

and will only help you when and if the problem occurs on restarting or
shutting down the computer. The reason for this being that the cache
file is not properly written when the shutdown process decides to kill
the service (due to timeout). Or put another way, the cache service is
not fast enough.

If you are experiencing an intermittant issue not related to shutdown,
you will need to provide more detail.

Btw. the error you are posting is most likely not the cause of your
problem. Typically, this error message is recorded after the cache has
been rebuilt (see above). The rebuilding of the cache is quite flawless
and has always worked for me.

Try the approach that Steve proposed - and describe your problem yet
more precisely.

Mark